Replace Your Missing Teeth With Dental Implants
posted: Jan. 11, 2021.
If you are missing many natural teeth, consider getting dental implants. Dental implants are easy to maintain, and there is no need to remove the implants daily, like dentures. Dr. Lourdes A. Christopher and Dr. Merhdad Favagehi will implement your implants at Falls Church Periodontics and Dental Surgery in Falls Church, VA.
What Are Dental Implants?
Your dentist will drill metal posts into the jaw and replace your lost natural teeth. Once done, you will wait to have your gum tissue heal around the drilled "root." This procedure sets the implants firmly in place. It will take a while for the gum to adjust and grow around the metal.
After this has finished, your dentist will be able to adhere to the false tooth.
Why Would I Choose Dental Implants?
Tooth loss can create spaces between the teeth. Natural teeth that are still in the mouth can begin to shift from their normal position because there are no other structures to anchor them.
Properly installed implants can last at least 25 years if maintained well. Proper maintenance includes a consistent dental care routine, regular checkups, and observing your teeth to track any changes. Here is what might happen if you do not replace your missing teeth with implants:
Chewing Is Harder
- Because fewer teeth are available, chewing well can become hard to do. Dental implants help you chew food and digest it properly.
Facial Muscle Movement
- As the face collapses, the features of the face begin to change. Dental implants help to maintain the structure of the face.
Changes in Speech
- A patient’s speech may become distorted. The teeth no longer support tissues of the face.
Three benefits of getting dental implants are:
- Cavity resistant
- Restoring natural functions like biting, chewing, and talking
- Increased confidence in the appearance of your smile
Wanna know more information on getting dental implants? Call Falls Church Periodontics and Dental Surgery in Falls Church, VA at 703-237-3700 or (703) 237-3621 to set up an appointment with Dr. Christopher and Dr. Favagehi.